Daybreak poem questions and answers class 11 is a very important poem to the students of class 11 of wbchse board. This poem is written by H. W. Longfellow. It really seems to ‘hail the coming morn’. Ask your question in the comment section below, We will answer your questions.
Daybreak Poem Questions and Answers Class 11
1. Who wrote the poem ‘Daybreak’?
👉👉 The Poem ‘Daybreak’ is written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
2. From where did the wind come in ‘Daybreak’?
👉👉 The wind came up out of the sea.
3. Who is the speaker of the poem ‘Daybreak’?
👉👉 The speaker in the poem ‘Daybreak’ is the wind of the sea.
4. “O mist , make room for me” – Who is referred to as ‘me’ here?
👉👉 “O mist, make room for me” – Here ‘me’ refers to the wind.
5. What does the wind tell the mariners ?
👉👉 The wind tells the mariners to start a fresh journey with the rise of the sun as the night is gone.
6. What did the wind tell the land ?
👉👉 The wind told the land to get up as it is already daytime.
7. Whom does the wind of the sea hail ?
👉👉 The wind of the sea hails the ships.
8. Where does the wind find the ships?
👉👉 The wind finds the ships anchored in the jetty.
9. What prevents the wind from blowing freely ?
👉👉 The mists prevents the wind from blowing freely.
10. Where did the wind go in a hurry ?
👉👉 The wind went to a far away land in a hurry.
11. What did the wind whisper to ?
👉👉 The wind whispered to the fields of corn.
12. Who touched the wood-bird’s folded wings ?
👉👉 The wind touched the wood-bird’s folded wings.
13. What did the wind tell the wood-bird?
👉👉 The wind told the wood-bird to get up from sleep and start singing as the daytime has already arrived.
14. What did the wind tell the chanticleer?
👉👉 The wind told the chanticleer to blow on a trumpet as day is near.
15. What does the wind shout to the forest ?
👉👉 The wind shouts to the forest to open out all its leaves as the night is gone and it is daytime.
Daybreak poem Questions and Answers Class 11
16. What is belfry tower ?
👉👉 Belfry tower is the high room on the church where is kept the church-clock.
17. What is the actual meaning of the word ‘Daybreak’ ?
👉👉 The actual meaning of the word ‘Daybreak’ is break of day that is night has gone and daytime has arrived but symbolically it means light and lustre at the end of darkness.
18. What did the wind say when it crossed the churchyard ?
👉👉 When the wind crossed the churchyard, it sighted for the dead and told them to lie in eternal sleep.
19. What did the wind tell the belfry tower ?
👉👉 The wind shouted at the belfry tower to ring the bell and announce the arrival of the day.
20. ” Bow down, and hail the morning.” – Who says this and to whom ?
👉👉 ” Bow down, and hail the morning.”- The wind of the sea says this to the fields of corns.
21. Where does the wind finally go ?
👉👉 The wind finally goes to blow over the graveyard.
22. How are the fields when the wind blows over them ?
👉👉 When the wind blows over the fields, they lie in rest with their crops.
23. What makes the wind unhappy ?
👉👉 The wind is unhappy in the moment it blows over the tombs in the churchyard.
24. Why does the wind cross the churchyard with a sigh ?
👉👉 While crossing the churchyard, the wind leaves a deep sigh to think that it cannot awake the buried.
25. ” O bell ! Proclaim the hour. ” – Which ‘hour’ is referred to here?
👉👉 ” O bell ! Proclaim the hour. ” – Here the ‘hour’ refers to the daybreak.
Daybreak poem questions and answers class 11